File Size: 39.8 MB
Number of Slides: 256
8D (Eight Disciplines) Problem Solving Process
The 8D (Eight Disciplines) approach is a systematic problem solving process. Popularized by Ford, the 8D process integrates best practices from various problem-solving methods and is now a standard in the automotive industry. The 8D problem solving process has proven to be highly effective in product and process improvement.
The 8D Problem Solving Process
Following the logic of the PDCA cycle, the 8D process enables problem solving teams to identify root causes, develop proper actions to eliminate root causes, and implement permanent corrective action to prevent recurrence. It includes key analytical tools such as Is/Is Not Analysis and Root Cause Analysis using 5 Whys and the Fishbone Diagram.
This highly detailed training presentation will help you to teach employees in your company or organization to better understand team dynamics and solve problems using a disciplined approach.
Note: This training package includes:
8D Problem Solving PPT training presentation (PowerPoint format)
8D Report Worksheet (Word format)
8D Is/Is Not Worksheet (Excel format)
FMEA Form (Excel format)
8D Problem Solving poster (PDF format, in color and monochrome, printable in A3/A4 size paper)
Acquire knowledge of key concepts and principles in 8D problem solving.
Understand team-based problem solving dynamics and define roles within the 8D problem-solving team.
Familiarize yourself with the step-by-step 8D problem-solving process and the use of analytical tools.
Gain practical insights for achieving success in 8D problem solving.
1. Key Concepts and Principles
• The Blind Men and the Elephant
• The Mindset of a Traditional Problem Solver
• Common Pitfalls in Problem Solving
• What is a Problem?
• What is Problem Solving?
• What Problem Solving is Not
• Impact of Problem Solving
• Problem Solving Funnel
• Problem Solving Philosophy
• Benefits of Problem Solving
• What is 8D problem solving?
• Applying 8D Methodology to Problem Solving
• Why Use 8D?
• 8D Problem Solving Process
2. Team Approach and Roles
• What is a Team?
• Types of Teams
• Importance of Team-based Approach to Problem-solving
• Qualities of an Effective Team
• Team Member Ground Rules
• Tuckman's Model of Team Development Stages
• Why is Teamwork Important?
• Problem Solving Team's Maxims
• Ingredients for Problem Solving Team Success
• Keys to Team Success
• What is a Problem Solving Team?
• Key Roles in 8D Problem Solving
3. 8D Problem Solving Process
• Popular Problem Solving Methods
• 8D Problem Solving Process
• 8D Problem Solving Process vs 8D Report
• The Importance of an 8D Report
• D0: Plan
• D1: Initiate Project Team
• D2: Define the Problem
• D3: Implement Containment Actions
• D4: Identify Root Causes
• D5: Develop and Verify Solution
• D6: Implement Corrective Actions
• D7: Prevent Recurrence
• D8: Recognize Project Team
• The 8D report: Capturing Solutions and Progress
• Sample 8D Report / Template
• Key Sections of the 8D Report
• The Role of the 8D Report
• 8D Report Templates Included (as part of this training presentation package)
4. Analytical Tools in 8D
• Affinity Diagram
• Is / Is Not
• Control Chart
• 5 Whys
• Cause and Effect Diagram
• Pareto Chart
• Scatter Diagram
5. Practical Tips for Success
You may also be interested in the following training presentations (sold separately):