File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
File Size: 10.4 MB
Number of Slides: 133
Business Model Canvas
The Business Model Canvas is a Strategic Management and Lean Startup template for developing new or redesigning existing business models to create competitive advantage.
Based on the framework developed by Strategyzer, the canvas is presented as a visual chart with 9 building blocks. These elements cover the areas of the organization's core offering, infrastructure, customers, and finances. They include: Customer Segments, Value Propositions, Channels, Customer Relationships, Revenue Streams, Key Resources, Key Activities, Key Partnerships and Cost Structure.
This innovative and increasingly popular tool can be used in a collaborative setting such as a strategy planning workshop. It helps organizations to align their activities by illustrating and discussing potential trade-offs in a structured manner. It is a hands-on tool that fosters understanding, discussion, creativity, and analysis. Various examples of business models are provided. They include Apple, Facebook, Skype, Amazon, Google, Starbucks, Nespresso, Xiaomi, Uber, Grab, low cost airline, creative digital advertising, banks and private banking.
This presentation provides a basic overview of the Business Model Canvas. It is intended to provide users with basic knowledge of the approach to business modeling. It is most suitable for a half-day or one-day workshop to familiarize participants with the Business Model Canvas, and its other concepts and tools, e.g. Design Thinking, Value Proposition Canvas.
Note: This training presentation includes Business Model Canvas templates in Powerpoint format.
1. Understand the key concepts of business model thinking.
2. Acquire knowledge of the 9 building blocks of the Business Model Canvas for value creation.
3. Learn how to apply the Business Model Canvas to map out your current business model for understanding and analysis.
4. Gain basic knowledge of the Business Model design process and related frameworks.
1. Introduction to Business Model Thinking
2. The 9 Building Blocks
3. The Business Model Canvas
4. Business Model Design Process
5. Basics of Design Thinking
6. The Value Proposition Canvas
7. Presenting the Business Model Canvas - Do's and Don'ts
Appendix: Additional Slides & Templates
You may also be interested in the following related documents (sold separately):