File Type: PowerPoint (pptx); 4:3 Aspect Ratio
File Size: 18.7 MB
Number of Slides: 173
Lean Healthcare is a management philosophy based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). With Lean Healthcare, you will be able to enhance value for your customers/patients by improving service delivery and eliminating waste. Simply put, by becoming a Lean organization, you will be able to increase productivity and create greater customer value with less resources.
This training presentation is especially tailored for healthcare industries. By teaching this presentation to healthcare providers and employees, they will have a better understanding of the Lean principles and approach to eliminating waste, and will be more forthcoming to lead and participate in the Lean implementation process.
Understand the principles and key concepts of Lean Healthcare
Acquire knowledge on the key Lean methods and tools and their applications to eliminate waste and create increased value for customers/patients
Identify ways to develop “Kaizen eyes” to look for improvement opportunities
Describe the various Lean roles
1. Introduction to Lean Thinking
- Healthcare imperatives
- How can Lean help?
- Lean adoption in various environments
- Impact of Lean principles in industry
- Lean applications in service environments
- Results of Lean implementation at Virginia Mason Medical Center
- What is Lean?
- Lean principles
- What Lean is not
- Lean facilitates a culture change
- Traditional culture vs. Lean culture
- Lean management framework
- Why Lean healthcare?
- What is Lean healthcare?
- Benefits of Lean healthcare
2. Key Concepts of Lean Thinking
- Methods to increase productivity
- Value and waste
- Eight types of waste in healthcare
- Examples of value-added activities in healthcare
- Examples of waste in healthcare
- Much of a patient's time is spent waiting
- Lean emphasis
- Lean thinking philosophy
3. Common Lean Methods & Tools
- Muda, Mura & Muri
- Gemba framework
- 5S principles
- Visual management
- Office layout
- Spaghetti diagram
- Value stream mapping
- Standard work
- Heijunka (Load leveling)
- Fexible workforce
- Quality at source
- Poka yoke (error-proofing)
- PDCA problem solving
- Pareto chart
- 5 whys
- Cause and effect diagram
4. Ways to develop "Kaizen Eyes"
- What are "Kaizen eyes"?
- Ways to develop "Kaizen eyes"
5. Lean Roles
- Lean steering committee
- Lean deployment leader
- Lean champions
- Lean process owner
- Lean coach
- Team leader
- Team members
6. Sustaining a Lean Culture
- Critical success factors
- Lessons from other adopters
You may also be interested in the following training presentations and posters (sold separately):