File Type: PowerPoint (pptx)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 Standard Screen
File Size: 15.8 MB
Number of Slides: 175
The Pursuit of Perfection in Public Services
Lean Government is a management philosophy based on the Toyota Production System (TPS). With Lean Government, you will be able to enhance value for your customers/citizens by improving public service delivery and eliminating waste. Simply put, by becoming a Lean organization, you will be able to increase productivity and create greater customer value with less resources.
This training presentation is especially tailored for the public sector. By teaching this presentation to public sector employees, they will have a better understanding of the Lean principles and approach to eliminating waste, and will be more forthcoming to lead and participate in the Lean implementation process.
Understand the principles and key concepts of Lean Government
Acquire knowledge on the key Lean methods and tools and their applications to eliminate waste and create increased value for customers/citizens
Identify ways to develop “Kaizen eyes” to look for improvement opportunities
Describe the various Lean roles
1. Introduction to Lean Thinking
- Why Lean government?
- Lean adoption in various environments
- Lean applications in service environments
- Impact of Lean principles in industry
- What is Lean?
- Lean principles
- What Lean is not
- How does Lean relate to the public sector?
- Lean facilitates a culture change
- Traditional culture vs. Lean culture
- Lean management framework
- What is Lean government?
- Benefits of Lean government
2. Key Concepts of Lean Thinking
- Methods to increase productivity
- Who are the customers of public services?
- The "customers" of public services
- Portrait of a citizen
- Critical quality parameters regardless of the citizen's role
- Eight types of waste in public sector
- Examples of value-added activities in the public sector
- Examples of waste in service environments
- Lean emphasis
- Lean thinking philosophy
3. Common Lean Methods & Tools
- Muda, Mura & Muri
- Gemba framework
- 5S principles
- Visual management
- Office layout
- Spaghetti diagram
- Value stream mapping
- Standard work
- Heijunka (Load leveling)
- Fexible workforce
- Quality at source
- Poka yoke (error-proofing)
- PDCA problem solving
- Pareto chart
- 5 whys
- Cause and effect diagram
4. Ways to develop "Kaizen Eyes"
- What are "Kaizen eyes"?
- Ways to develop "Kaizen eyes"
5. Lean Roles
- Lean steering committee
- Lean deployment leader
- Lean champions
- Lean process owner
- Lean coach
- Team leader
- Team members
6. Sustaining a Lean Culture
- Challenges of Lean government
- Sustaining a Lean culture
- Lessons from other adopters
You may also be interested in the following training presentations and posters (sold separately):